You are here
12 Leaders and Innovators driving Sustainability in India felicitated at the Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards 2015
October 16th, 2015 – The 2015 Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards were announced yesterday recognizing large corporates leading the charge on Sustainability in India as well as emerging innovators developing cutting edge solutions.
Amongst the winners, Thermax, UrjaGreen Technologies and Schneider Electric were recognized for their work in driving leadership in sustainable spaces and facilities. Mahindra and Mahindra’s Nashik plant was felicitated for its leadership in sustainable production.
International Paper’s Farm Forestry Initiative was picked as the winner in the category of “Corporate Branding Actions for Sustainability”. At the same time, emerging marketplace, Glowship.com (from Energystar Technologies) was picked for driving consumer engagement actions towards sustainability.
This year saw several innovators in emerging areas getting traction. Entrib Technologies was recognized in the rapidly emerging field of Sustainability through big data and analytics. Proklean Technologies, Prometheon Energy, Smarter Dharma and Simpa Networks were other innovators recognized for shaping the Sustainability landscape in their respective domains.
Madhav Pai from Embarq was adjudged the Sustainability Trailblazer of the Year for his ongoing efforts to shape change behavior as a crucial tool for enabling a sustainable transport and non-motorized culture in the country.
The winners were arrived at after a rigorous two stage review process entailing an initial outreach of over 600 nominations and a final shortlist of about 50. The first stage detailed evaluation for the 2015 Awards was conducted by a 30 member Sector Expert Panel consisting of senior technical experts from the industry.
The final detailed review was undertaken by the Grand Jury Panel comprising of Ajay Shankar, Former Member Secretary, National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council; Dr Saurabh Srivastava, Co-founder NASSCOM and Indian Angel Network; KC Mehra, Chairman SKF India and former Dy MD, Tata Steel; Sachit Jain, Executive Director Vardhaman Group; Sminu Jindal, Managing Director of Jindal SAW Limited and George Hamilton, President, Institute for Sustainable Communities.
Speaking at the awards event on behalf of the Organizing Committee, Upendra Bhatt, Managing Director of cKinetics stated, "The 5th edition of the Parivartan Awards has seen a dramatic increase in number of innovators engaging- which is a leading indicator of increased action that we expect to see in the Sustainability marketplace in the next few years”.
The Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards evening was hosted alongside the 5th Annual Summit of Sustainable Business Leadership Forum in New Delhi – the summit featured over 25 sessions across 3 days and was attended by over 350 sustainability leaders and several global institutions from industrial and policy landscape.
Winners of the 2015 Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards
Leadership in Sustainable Spaces and Facilities
- Subcategory- Innovations in alternate technologies and applications for enabling cooling in commercial as well as industrial buildings
- Thermax Limited for their Triple effect Vapour Absorption Chiller
- Subcategory- Innovations using Smart Sensors and IT tools promoting resource efficiency in facilities/buildings
- UrjaGreen Technologies for smart metering and smart monitoring analytics
- Subcategory- Leadership in creating sustainable facilities
- Schneider Electric for significant yet systematic gains made in their own facilities using smart systems
Leadership in Sustainable Production
- Mahindra & Mahindra, Nashik for achieving significant resource savings leveraging a holistic approach on Sustainability that included their extended supply chain.
Leadership in Material/ waste re-use
- Smarter Dharma for their Cradle-to-cradle solution in construction industry to manage waste generated from natural stone usage
Leadership in Branding for Sustainability
- Subcategory- Corporate Branding Actions for Sustainability
- International Paper APPM for their Farm Forestry Initiative
- Subcategory- Consumer Engagement Actions for Sustainability
- Energystar Technologies for Glowship.com, a first of its kind marketplace for energy and environment related products
Innovation toward Sustainability through big data and analytics
- Entrib technologies for ShopWorx, a realtime shopfloor tracking system
Innovations in Distributed Renewable Energy
- Simpa Networks for its innovative solar leasing model
Emerging Sustainability Innovators
- Promethean Energy for its low grade waste heat recovery innovations
Jury’s choice and Special Mentions
- Proklean Technologies for Fully bio-degradable, non-toxic formulations using a very innovative probiotic fermentation technology.
- Madhav Pai as Sustainability Trailblazer of the Year
About Parivartan Awards
Now in its 5th year, the Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards has become India’s large Sustainability and innovation search platform. Receiving over 600 nominations annually it is a discovery, showcase and engagement platform. It is a flagship initiative by Sustainability Outlook. More on www.parivartanawards.in
About the Organizer: Sustainability Outlook
Sustainability Outlook is a market access, insight and collaboration platform tracking actions related towards Sustainability in the Indian economy. It was launched at the Clinton Global Initiative and is a division of cKinetics.